blackwing's full featured shaping solution
These scripts are an approach to solve the problems described in
It is an implemantation of current/bleeding edge features of iptables and the 2.6-series kernel.
- Traffic shaping/classification for Inbound/Outbound traffic
- Dynamic DNS updates via nsupdate
- Routing table update for multiple uplinks
- peer2peer detection
- recent iproute2 package with htb3/esfq and imq support
- iptables >1.2.11 with IMQ and ipp2p support
- a pretty patched kernel (try one of http://blackwing.de/files/kernel/)
There are currently 2 Versions available:
Daily snap of the script in charge of shaping my flat-share
More generic version (USE THIS!)
Set the enviroment variable "debug" to enable debugging output!
There are also some outdated and unmaintained versions in attic.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY AND NO SUPPORT!
These Scripts work for ME, but they may not work for you!
There are also some snippets in:
- multi-int.txt = How to deal with multiple uplinks?
- pimp-my-connection.txt = How to tune the traffic shaping to your specific usage profile.